Tesla Model Y is officially the best-selling car overall in Europe in 2023

In 2023, the Tesla Model Y emerged as the top-selling car in Europe, surpassing all other vehicle models with an impressive estimated sales figure of 254,822 units. It’s noteworthy that this achievement extends beyond electric vehicles (EVs) to include plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) and traditional internal combustion engine (ICE) cars.

Achieving an unprecedented milestone, an electric vehicle (EV) has for the first time secured this accomplishment in history. Additionally, it marks the inaugural instance of a midsize car claiming the top position and the first time a non-European vehicle has clinched the crown in the modern era.

Securing the second spot was the Dacia Sandero, registering 235,893 sales, based on comprehensive sales data covering 97% of the EU, EFTA countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland), and the UK. The remaining 3% of yet-unreported sales carries minimal likelihood of significantly altering the current standings.

Throughout the year, the Model Y dominated European sales in February, March, May, June, August, September, and December. Meanwhile, the Sandero took the lead in January, April, October, and November, while the Volkswagen T-Roc secured the top spot exclusively in July.

More from Victor Mosqueda
Chevrolet ends Camaro production
The final sixth-generation Camaro recently concluded its production on December 14, as...
Read More
0 replies on “Tesla Model Y is officially the best-selling car overall in Europe in 2023”